Chief of Police: Michael J. Conner
Address: Dumont Police Department, 50 Washington Avenue, Dumont, NJ 07628
Phone: IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, CALL 9-1-1
Phone - Non-Emergency: 201-387-5000 or 5001
Hours: The Dumont Police Department is open 24 hours per day, each day of the week, including Saturday and Sunday.
Detective Sergeant John Digirolamo is the D.A.R.E. Officer. The D.A.R.E. Officer instructs the D.A.R.E. and G.R.E.A.T. curriculum in the public school system. He is also involved in many other school-related training such as D.W.I., Adopt-a-Cop, Eddie Eagle Gun Safety, etc., and other juvenile- related matters.
Traffic and Parking
For information regarding the Borough Traffic and Parking regulations, please refer to Chapter 21 in the Borough's Code. A link to the The Borough Code is contained on the home page, bottom of the middle column.
Crime Prevention Tips
- Always close and lock your garage door when you leave your residence if access can be gained into your dwelling through the garage.
- Lock all doors and windows located on the ground floor of your residence when you are not at home.
- Keep all shrubs trimmed and away from your basement and ground floor windows and doors. Often a burglar will use these things as concealment from police patrols and neighbors as they are breaking into a dwelling.
- Be cognizant to leave interior/exterior lights on timers or motion detectors if you are not going to be home when it begins to get dark. Exterior illumination of a dwelling has proven to be one of the best deterrents to burglars.
- If you are going to be away from your residence for an extended time period, make prior arrangements to have your mail delivery stopped, and have your sidewalks, driveway and walkways around your home shoveled in the event of a snow storm while you are away. Always try to have your residence appear to look as though someone is home.
- Be your neighbor's keeper - if you observe a suspicious person or suspicious vehicle in the neighborhood, report it to the police.
- Do not leave lawn tools, snow shovels, or other items in your yard that can be used as a tool to break glass, or to pry doors and windows open by a burglar. All criminals, and in particular burglars, are opportunists; if given the opportunity to commit a crime, they will.
Where in Dumont is it?
50 Washington Avenue, Dumont, NJ