Registrar: Catherine Romeo
Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-4:30pm
Address: 50 Washington Avenue, Dumont, NJ 07628
Deputy Registrar: Jodie Delehanty
Health Department Downloads
2019 Dog/Cat License Application
Complete the application. A copy of your veterinarian's report showing the date of your pet's last rabies shot and date of neutering must accompany the application form. A self-addressed stamped envelope should be included and the license will be mailed to you or arrangements can be made to pick up the license. Fees should be paid by check made payable to the Borough of Dumont.
Vital Statistics Application Form
For copies of birth, marriage and death certificates, download and complete the above form. The fee for the first copy is $10.00, additional copies are $5.00 each. Identification is needed prior to copies being completed. Fees should be paid by check, payable to the Borough of Dumont.
Flu shots are given annually sometime in September or October at the Dumont Senior Center, 39 Dumont Avenue.
Blood Pressure Program
Blood Pressure and Health Consultation: Second Monday of every month from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at the Dumont Senior Center, 39 Dumont Avenue.
Requirements for Entering Into a Marriage
For two persons to establish a Marriage in this State, it shall be necessary that they satisfy all of the following criteria:
- Not be a party to another civil union, domestic partnership or marriage in this State or recognized by this State;
- Be at least 18 years of age, except that applicants under the age of 18 may enter into a Marriage with parental consent. Applicants under the age of 16 must obtain parental consent and have the consent approved in writing by any judge of the Superior Court, Chancery Division, Family part.
Where to apply:
- The marriage license application is to be made in the New Jersey municipality in which either party resides and the license is valid throughout the State of New Jersey.
- If neither applicant is a New Jersey resident, submit the application in the municipality where the marriage ceremony will be performed, the license is only valid in the issuing municipality.
Please contact Registrar to apply for a Marriage License, all applications are by appointment only.
Required documents when applying for a marriage license:
- Proof of identity by presenting your driver’s license, passport or state/federal I.D.
- Proof of your residency.
- Your social security card or social security number.*
- A witness, 18 years of age or older.
- The $28 application fee.
*Social security number is required by law for US citizens and will be kept confidential.
Any documents in a foreign language must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
Requested additional documents (these documents are helpful but not required):
- A copy of your birth certificate to establish your parents' names and related birth information.
- If you are divorced, have had a previous civil union dissolved, domestic partnership terminated or have had a civil union annulled, please bring the decree(s) or the civil annulment documents.
- If your former spouse/civil union or domestic partner is deceased, please bring the death certificate.
After you apply:
There is a 72-hour waiting period before the license is issued. The waiting period begins when the application is filed with the Registrar. There is no 72 hour waiting period for a remarriage; however, you must bring a certified copy of your existing marriage.
The marriage license application is valid for six months from the date accepted, unless the Registrar has given prior approval to extend the validity of the application to a maximum of one year.
Only one marriage license may be granted from a marriage application. If the license expires before being used, a new application must be made and another $28 fee remitted.
The only exception to this requirement is in the case where a civil and religious ceremony are to be performed on the same day. In this case, the Local Registrar will photocopy the marriage application, marking one "A" and one "B", and issue the corresponding marriage licenses, marking them "A" and "B" as well. One copy will be used for the religious ceremony and the other for the civil ceremony.
For individuals who are currently in a marriage in New Jersey or are in a marriage in another state or country there exists the option to reaffirm your relationship/vows by registering a Remarriage.
In order to apply for a Remarriage the couple must provide proof of their existing marriage, meet the requirements for entering into a marriage in New Jersey and follow the guidelines above to completing the license application.
The process for a Remarriage License are the same as for the Marriage License, except that the Remarriage License must be accompanied by the proof of existing marriage and once the application is filed there is no 72 hour waiting period before the license is issued.
Where in Dumont is it?
50 Washington Avenue, Dumont, NJ