SPATIAL DATA PORTAL
Please be advised that www.sdlportal.com is up and running.
It available to anyone inquiring about permit data, location details, assessed value, and owner contact information.
SDL Portal Dumont - Getting Started Guide:
Construction Projects During the COVID-19 Public Health Crisis
The Department of Community Affairs has issued guidance regarding the construction industry’s concerns about the interruption of plan review and inspection responsibilities due to the COVID-19 public health crisis. The Borough of Dumont has instituted the following new policies and procedures for our Building Department:
- Residents should only call to schedule the following inspections: Rough, framing, installation, finals and CCO inspections. All other non-essential inspections will be on hold until further notice.
- The Building Department is also not accepting any new non-essential construction permit applications until further notice. At this time only CCO applications will be accepted, however we understand that emergency repairs such as water heater, boilers and sewers require immediate attention so we are asking that you contact the building department at 201-387-5034 to document the name and address so that a permit application can be processed at a later date. You may access applications HERE.
- Local Enforcement Agents (LEA) will not enter any occupied building. Rough inspections for new additions shall be performed, provided no entry to the occupied home or building is required or that appropriate social distancing is in effect.
- CCO inspections will be conducted with agent and no occupants. Permit close out (plumbing, electric, fire, building) necessary for CCO’s are subject to vacant house restrictions.
- The Dumont Building Department will prioritize inspections necessary for the health and welfare of the public. Should in-person inspections not be possible, LEAs will employ creative solutions, such as video conferencing via platforms like FaceTime or Skype, whenever feasible, to conduct inspections.
- All required inspections for new construction and any work on the exterior or outside of any occupied building shall be performed as usual.
- Items listed as Minor Work at N.J.A.C. 5:23-2.17A require only a final inspection. This includes inspections of replacement items such as a residential heater, air conditioner and/or water heaters. These inspections may be deferred to a later date.
- Destructive inspections may be performed only if there is reason to believe that a life-safety violation exists.
- If an LEA feels uncomfortable for any reason, they may exit the premise.
Dumont Borough Hall has limited access to the public. Please call the Dumont Building Department at 201-387-5034 for clarification on these procedures or to schedule an appoint. These rules are meant preserve the health of inspectors, contractors, and the general public. Thank you for your cooperation during this unprecedented time. Stay safe and healthy.
Building Department Downloads
New Permit Application Requirements
Construction Permit Application
Building Subcode Application
Electrical Subcode Application
Plumbing Subcode Application
Fire Subcode Application
NJ Fire Code Mandates when Selling or Renting a Home
For any other Building Department forms, permits and applications, please click on the link below:
Parking Motor Vehicles on Lawns
BOROUGH ORDINANCE: "No person shall park, stop or stand any motor vehicle, or permit or suffer the same to be done, in any front yard area of any dwelling building except on driveways and parking areas located, constructed and installed in compliance with applicable Borough ordinances." [Amended 11-23-2010 by Ord. No. 1424]
Where in Dumont is it?
80 W. Madison Avenue, Dumont, NJ