Municipal Clerk: Jeanine E. Siek, RMC
Address: 50 Washington Avenue, Dumont, NJ 07628
Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-4:30pm
June 7th - 6am - 8pm
The Voter Registration Deadline for the Primary Election is April 19th.
Ballot Drop Box located at the Dixon Homestead Library, 180 Washington Avenue, on the right side by the parking lot entrance.
Core Duties of the Municipal Clerk
The position of Borough Clerk is required by New Jersey statute (N.J.S.A. 40A:9-133) to:
- serve as Secretary to the Mayor and Council - prepare meeting agendas, be present at all meetings of the governing body, retain the original copies of all ordinances and resolutions, and record the minutes of every meeting;
- act as secretary to the municipal corporation and custodian of the municipal seal and of all minutes, books, deeds, bonds, contracts and archival records of the municipal corporation;
- serve as the chief administrative officer in all elections in the municipality;
- serve as the chief registrar of voters in the municipality, subject to the requirements of Title 19 of the Revised Statutes;
- serve as the administrative officer responsible for the acceptance of applications for licenses and permits and the issuance of licenses and permits.
Dumont Borough Code
Borough Clerk Downloads
Where in Dumont is it?
50 Washington Avenue, Dumont, NJ