GENERAL ELECTION - Tuesday, November 3, 2020:
In light of the coronavirus pandemic and Executive Order No. 177, ALL REGISTERED VOTERS WILL AUTOMATICALLY RECEIVE A VOTE-BY-MAIL BALLOT for the November 3, 2020 General Election. You may return your postage paid ballot via USPS or bring to one of 18 secured Vote by Mail Drop Boxes located throughout the County.
If you have a disability and need an accessible ballot, please contact (201) 336-7020 or you may go to your new assigned polling place, which will provide access to an in-person accessible voting device on General Election Day. Should you choose not to vote on a Mail-In Ballot and show up to one of the limited Polling Places on Election Day, in your town only Provisional Paper Ballots will be available to cast your vote. The ADA compliant Voting Machine is only for voters who have a disability.
All registered "active" voters will automatically receive a Vote by Mail ballot with prepaid return postage.
The County started mailing ballots to all active registered voters in Dumont the week of September 21st. All ballots should be received within a week. If a ballot is not received by Friday, October 2nd, please call (201) 336-7020.
Please return your voted ballot as soon as possible. Voted mail-in ballots may be returned by mail, deposited into a secured drop box, or delivered in-person to the designated polling place.
- By Mail: Voters can mail their postage paid ballot via USPS.
- Drop Box: Secure drop boxes will be located throughout the County, including in neighboring Bergenfield. The ballot drop box is located in the back of Bergenfield Borough Hall, 198 N. Washington Avenue, Bergenfield, NJ, near the back entrance of the building. The ballots placed in the drop box are collected each night by County representatives from each party, accompanied by a Sheriff's officer.
- In-Person: Voters will be able to return their ballots in person to their new designated polling place. Voters who visit the polling place on election day, and do not return a voted mail-in ballot, will only be able to vote by a (paper) Provisional Ballot. Accommodations will be made for voters with disabilities.
For more information, please see Executive Order 177.
General Election Information Guide
Instructions to Complete Your Ballot
Secure Ballot Drop Box Locations
A secure drop box is available in neighboring Bergenfield, in the back of Bergenfield Borough Hall, 198 N. Washington Avenue, Bergenfield, NJ, near the back entrance of the building. Please note, the drop box is next to the tax payments drop box. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO DEPOSIT YOUR BALLOT IN THE CORRECT DROP BOX. Mail-in ballots that are not in the secure ballot drop box will not be counted.
- Bergenfield - 198 North Washington Ave (Borough Hall in Rear)
- Demarest - 118 Serpentine Road (Borough Hall)
- Englewood - 2-10 North Van Brunt St (City Hall)
- Fair Lawn - 8-01 Fair Lawn Avenue (behind Borough Hall)
- Fort Lee - 1355 Inwood Terrace/Anderson Avenue Circular Drive
- Hackensack - One Bergen County Plaza
- Hasbrouck Heights - 320 Boulevard (behind Borough Hall)
- Hillsdale - 380 Hillsdale Ave (Borough Hall parking lot)
- North Arlington - 214 Ridge Rd (Borough Hall)
- Oakland - One Municipal Plaza (across from Library)
- Old Tappan - 227 Old Tappan Rd (Borough Hall)
- Paramus - 1 Jockish Square (Borough Hall)
- Ramsey - 30 Wyckoff Ave (Rear of Library)
- Ridgewood - 131 North Maple Ave (Village Hall)
- Ridgefield - 725 Slocum Avenue (Ridgefield Community Center)
- Rutherford - 176 Park Ave (Borough Hall)
- Teaneck - 818 Teaneck Rd (Municipal Building)
- Wyckoff - 340 Franklin Ave (Municipal Building)
Track Your Ballot
Am I Registered?
Be a Poll Worker
- New Jersey Division of Elections: Voter Information Portal - Register to vote, how to vote, track your ballot:
- Bergen County Clerk’s Office
- Bergen County Superintendent of Elections Office
- Bergen County Board of Elections