As your Mayor please know that any information shared is not to create panic but to ensure we are prepared and our community is informed.
A State of Emergency and a Public Health Emergency has been declared by the State of New Jersey to ramp up New Jersey’s efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19. Executive Order No. 103 declares a state of emergency and public health emergency across all 21 counties in New Jersey. Bergen County has also declared that a health emergency exists regarding COVID-19. The County Health Officer and all County Departments and Divisions shall work collaboratively to determine and execute effective strategies, initiatives, protocols and procedures to prevent, mitigate and combat the spread of COVID-19, particularly among the most vulnerable and at-risk populations, including but not limited to senior centers and nursing homes; and take all action to the extent necessary to maintain the public health with respect to treatment or containment of persons with or possibly exposed to COVID-19. As a further reminder, The New Jersey State Department of Health, in partnership with the New Jersey Poison Information and Education System, has made available a 24-hour hotline to answer the public’s questions. You can contact them at 1-800-222-1222.
Temporary Closing of The Dumont Senior Center:
- The general and public meeting area of the Dumont Senior Center will be closed until further notice. We are proactively taking this approach due to our senior population being more vulnerable to COVID-19.
- The Senior Bus will still provide regular transportation to medical appointments and food shopping. The Senior Center office and Social Services office will remain open during this time. The food pantry will be closed for visitors, but food will be handed out by appt. only.
- The Senior Center will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized prior to its re-opening.
Cancellation Non-Essential Borough Meetings:
- All non-essential public meetings for the Borough of Dumont will be postponed until further notice.
- While the Borough of Dumont will remain open and will operate with regular business hours, our Mayor and Council meetings will be temporarily relocated to the Dixon Homestead Library, located at 180 Washington Ave in Dumont. Notices will be posted for the public.